Organic "Champagne" Kombucha Scoby Starter Kit
*NOTE: This item is only available for pick-up from Caboolture, QLD*
Jun Kombucha is a fermented tonic made of green tea and honey.
Our Scobys have been nurtured on a diet of Organic Ceremonial-Grade Matcha Green Tea Powder and raw, local honey. Due to our values and standards, we are careful to brew only in glass and with filtered, alkaline water.
Believed to originate in the colder climates of Tibet, it is known as the Champagne of Kombucha, with a beautiful delicate flavour that is not as concretely sour as Kombucha.
Our Jun Kombucha starter kits comprises of 200 mL Jun Kombucha starter tea with a generous, healthy piece of Jun Kombucha Scoby and 1 tbsp of Organic Ceremonial-Grade Matcha Green Tea Powder. It can be used to make 3-4L of Organic Jun Kombucha tea every 3-7 days.
Health Benefits of Kombucha:
1. Kombucha contains naturally fermenting probiotics that help maintain healthy gut flora by increasing the number of beneficial organisms.
2. It preserves nutrients and breaks them down into an easily digestible form, which allows you to absorb them better.
3. It enhances the absorption of minerals, particularly calcium, iron, zinc, magnesium, phosphorous and copper.
4. Healthy gut flora improves digestion, fights candida overgrowth, improves mental clarity and stabilizes moods.
5. A healthy gut can also be attributed to reducing or eliminating depression an anxiety.
6. Kombucha contains numerous strains of yeasts and up to 20 different bacterial species.
7. The enzymes and bacterial acids in kombucha ease the burden on the liver by reducing pancreatic load.
8. Kombucha contains glucuronic acid, which binds to toxins and increases their excretion through the kidney or intestines.
9. In 1951, a popular Russian study found that the daily consumption of kombucha was correlated with an extremely high resistance to cancer.
10. It contains vitamin C, a potent detoxifier.
11. Kombucha contains vitamin B, which has been associated with reducing blood pressure and supporting the nervous system.
12. Kombucha contains glucosamines, which are vital for the treatment and prevention of arthritis.
13. Kombucha allegedly eliminates grey hair, increases sex drive and improves eyesight.
14. Kombucha concentrates the antioxidants found in tea. Antioxidants not only fight the environmental toxins known as free radicals, which contribute to illness and disease, but help slow the aging process.
15. Theoretically, powerful antioxidant nutrients can prevent and lessen wrinkles by promoting skin elasticity.
16. Kombucha is anti-microbial due to it’s acetic and organic acids, proteins, enzymes and bacteriocins. It exerts anti-microbial activity against pathogenic bacteria like E coli and Salmonella. Incidentally, green tea kombucha has a higher anti-microbial effect than when made with black tea.
17. Reduces sugar cravings and is a great substitute for soft drinks
(Excerpt from I Quit Sugar "17 Reasons you should drink Kombucha" - Sarah Wilson)